Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh the cleverness of me...

Today is SO MUCH BETTER!!! Her urine came back normal. But the nurse suggested giving her a shallow bath. Of course she refused. So I put Jack in, and she soon followed!

I also put the ditropan, and miralax in her choc milk, and she drank it ALL!! She SO MUCH BETTER!! Funny story about the miralax. I did it last night too, she drank a little and walked away. Well I walked past her drink later and it was gone. I knew Emma didn't drink it. I called out to the house, "Who drank the rest of Emma's milk?" Nothing. I started laughing. "I hope you know there was medicine in it!" Later in the evening, Steve says, "Um, what was in Emma's milk." I said, "Well, you bowel movements will be much softer!" Oh my...too funny...

So it's looking up for Emma.

Jack on the other hand...his rash is just getting worse. Now it's bleeding, and oozing. I've started giving him motrin, cuz he is in so much pain. It is just so sad. I've tried everything. Airing out, got pooped on; cotton balls with baby oil, just got worse; acidopholus in his bottles twice a day, nystatin on his bum, no wipes, triple paste AND vasoline. The only thing I haven't tired is cloth diapers, cuz I don't have any anymore. *sigh* I'm taking him to the peds tonight at 6:00, hopefully he has a grand idea. But really is there a prescription paste better than a $27 jar of triple paste!? At least he's happy when there is no poop on him. That's something! And he had a good nap this am.

Pray for his bum to get better...thanks!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

TOO FUNNY on Steve! HAH! I'm so glad Emma is feeling better. But way sad about Julia's cleft buddy! I hope his bum gets better soon!

Lainey said...

SO glad to heat that Emma is better...HOORAY!

SO sad to hear Jack's bum isn't. I have no idea what to do with oozing...we never got to that point. Poor, poor baby :(

Hope Steve enjoyed his drink ;)

Anonymous said...

We have some killer stuff for bum sores but it is a concoction made up by a doc down here. I will see if we still have some somewhere and give it to you on Saturday. It is the only thing that ever worked on my kids' teething bums. And it worked overnight. Love the story about the milk and that Emma is finally feeling better.

Matilda said...

Amy, My dr's office told me to do 1 to 1 of zinc oxide, nystatin, and hydrocortizone. I haven't tried it yet, but It's looking better even this morning. I still may try it...

I'll let you know if I need it!!

Thanks!