Wednesday, July 11, 2007

3:00 am update

Oh my...

I know none of YOU are awake. I just thought I'd let you know that I am.

*sigh*

We've tried going potty three times now, to no avail. And the last time, about 20 min ago, there was blood in the "hat"(pee collector). Now, the Doctor told me there would be some blood in her urine, but this looked more like just blood. Can I tell you how unsettling it is to see blood in the toilet, coming out of your 4 yr old.

Not good for the mommy, at 2:30 in the morning.

She just sits on the potty, and shakes. Saying, "It hurts, it hurts!" So we gave her some ditropan, and now she is back sound asleep.

The doctor has been called, and is willing to wait it out, and see if she'll go on her own. I'm not sure how I feel about this. They are also weaning her off the morphine, with hopes of taking her completely off by 6 am. They'll give her lortab about a half hour before, but still. She is clearly still in pain. I voiced my concerns, and she said they won't turn it off until she is ready. So that's good!

So...they are coming in at 4:00 to do vitals. And then 6:00 to try to get her to take some crackers, before her first oral pain meds. THAT should be fun!

So...I'm still enjoying time away with my princess, I just wish she could enjoy it a little more!!

See you in a few... :/

No comments: