Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My heart is on my sleeve.

Well it happened. I got the crud. And at the worst time possible. If you're a mom, you know, ya just go till you absolutley can't anymore. Monday evening I got the scratch in the back of the throat, then a head ache, then my lower back, then all my joints, then dizzy. All, while I was running around, trying to get homeopathic stuff to make it all go away.

So I came home, and collapsed. Well took all the homeo stuff, a sleeping pill, m otri n, and tylen ol, then collasped.

Well folks during the night, I got a fever, the chills, and didn't sleep a wink. I was awake all night long, trying to figure out HOW I was going to get to the funeral. I thought, I can just load up on meds, wash my hands 500 times, and bring hand sanitizer, to use every 15 minutes. Then my sweet Jack woke up at 4 am. He did lay there kicking, until around 5:30 or so. Then I had to get up. Shaking and shivering, I curled up on the couch, and turned on the tv. The more I thought about going, the sicker I got. I was sick to my stomach, and scared to death to take anything.

The time I was going to leave, came and went, the time the viewing started, came and went. 11:00 came and so did the tears. I was SO devastated I was not there. I can not even find the words to to say how much this family touched my heart. And the fact that GERMS...were stopping me....too much. I cried and cried. Ok, I was sick too, but still.

After a good cry, I took a three hour nap (my mom was here). I felt 80% better when I got up. It was so weird. A miracle really. Why it happened AFTER the funeral, I don't know. Maybe I couldn't have handled it. I really don't know.

So the littlest thing the past two days, sets me off. The Biggest Loser, American Idol, commercials... Then I found out my sweet friend, got to be part of the color guard, and hand the flag to his Aunt at his Uncle's funeral yesterday. They just keep coming. I'm hoping the water works subside soon.

I feel SO MUCH better today. I guess all that natural stuff worked after all.

Here is Jeanine's BEAUTIFUL summary of the funeral. Be sure to read it, maybe everything will make YOU cry for the next 2 days...


No comments: