Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jack's Eye appointment

I know, this is the first chance I've had to sit down, and type! sheesh...

Anyway...

We went to see a pedriatric opthmologist. I debated back and forth between switching to a neuro-opthomalogist, but in the end, decided the "regular" optho, could get him in to the neuro faster than I could if need be.

Well guess what...his eyes are GREAT!! He didn't see anything, to need to see the neuro! Crazy isn't it? He said his optic nerves looked normal. "NORMAL??" Wow...

As far as the wandering/lazy eye, he agreed, but they are both a little weak, which is good! So one doesn't overcompansate! YAY!

The depth perception issue, the Dr said there was no concrete way to tell at his age, and nothing they can really do for it anyway.

Now for the kicker. The Dr says, "He has a moderate astigmatism, does it run in your family?" We both laugh. Dad, has a significant one, and I have a small one!" The funny part is... none of the other kids have it, that we know of, and Jack's is evidant, at 2 and a half. This poor kid can't catch a break! Well not really, but you know what I mean!

The Dr said he'd need glasses at a young age, but for now, his vision was fine, for what is on his plate! We have to go back in a year, unless of course his eyeballs fall out. haha...You know me...

So I think it's funny, the two things that run in the family, astigmatism, and cleft chin, Jack is the only one of our kids to get it. Well those and everything else! Oh Jack...you are just special!! :)

No comments: