Thursday, March 6, 2008

Refections on Jack and Kaden

If you haven't been checking The Mack's blog, on Sunday she posted the video they played at Kaden's funeral. I haven't had the emotional energy to watch it until just now. Plus I knew what it would do to me, and I wanted to watch it in silence, with no kids around.

I was doing ok. The music is some of my favorite, and the pictures were so beautiful. Then there was a picture of Kaden with two doctors. The one the left, is Dr. Tim Lap ine. He was Jack's main Dr in the NICU. I don't have the words to tell you how much this man means to me. He is the kindest, most loving doctor I have ever met. He was so sweet to me, before Jack was born, and after. Every time I was there he would come up behind me, and put his arm around me, and say how wonderful Jack was. He was the one, who said how Remarkable Jack was. So when I saw that this wonderful man, got to spend time with Kaden, I was overwhelmed. I sobbed through the rest of it. Ok...like I didn't know I would, but seeing Dr Lapine, made it worse! I'm just so happy I could "share him". I know...I'm a dorkus.

Take time to watch this video.

As I start to reflect on Jack's birthday on Sunday, the magnitude of it is starting to sink in. We get so caught up in day to day drudgeries, we forget what a precious gift Jacky is. I vow to remember. My sweet boy is turning 2. Wow...

2 comments:

Shanna said...

What a sweet post Jenny. I watched the video and wept the whole 11 minutes. Ryan thought there was something wrong with me.I said no just watching a video. I know I didn't go through near anything that you did with Jack but it made me realize how blessed I am to have Raydn. Thanks for the reminder of that blessing! I hope you have a great day.

Jenna Wood said...

I just wanted to say Hi and that I found you on LDS Women Bloggers.

I was reading a little about Jack on your side bar. My dad was born with, he calls it a "double hair lip" where his whole upper lip was missing when he was born and he had a cleft palate.

I know it took a toll on my Grandma with him being the oldest and how many surgeries he had to have. Fortunately, my Dad has few memories of that time and it wasn't a big deal for him.