Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update on My David :)

I finally got around to write about all the finale stuff we did. Check it out, if you REALLY want to know! ;)

Anyway, I wanted to put this on here, cuz this is the place I share my heart...no? As I said on the other blog, I have been so sad for him, that is old life is gone. How can he go back to school, or church, or anything normal. I was thinking how sad he may never be able to sing at church again, something simple. I know how much singing at church means to me, and to lose that, even to go on to better things, would be so hard.

Well, yesterday, I found this. I was moved to tears, one because it's a beautiful song, and beautiful arrangment, two, because he's being David, not American Idol David. Sure he talked about being on Idol, but he was truely there as the David he was last summer.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am so proud of this young man. I have been accused lately, of being worse then a screaming preteen, but well...it is so not the case. I could only be prouder of him if he were my own son!

Here is the story of the video:

The following letter is from Richard - who is playing the piano in the background!

____ Hey there, I just wanted to pass on a cool experience I had last night. Yesterday I got a phone call at about 3:18 pm from the Archuleta's. I was asked if I would be available to play for David for a fireside that he was speaking in the next couple of hours. Brett Hales, a friend of the Archuleta's, was asked to speak on trials and how to overcome them. Brett has M.S. and was on a feeding tube less than six months ago and could have been counting his final days, but miraculously now is up and about and doing pretty darn good. He decided to bring David along to share. So, I cancelled everything from my busy Sunday evening, loaded up the kids, and went to this fireside, which was held at a school for troubled youth. It is a 10 month in-house program that helps these kids 'right the ship'. What was interesting about all of this: most of them had never seen David sing because they don't watch T.V. there. This was their first experience of hearing him. David sang "Angels" and "Be Still My Soul" and did an incredible job of telling of his experience on American Idol. I was fortunate to accompany David on both songs. The piano that they had there was not amazing, but it worked out. Be Still My Soul is an arrangement that I did for David a while back. I have included a link for you to listen to this performance. When he sang it, you could just feel the Spirit come over the room. The directors of the school were in tears, because they said these kids don't feel this way very often. It is hard for them to feel the Spirit or recognize it because of their current state and their attitudes. But, it was more than evident that they did. You could see it in their eyes and I can only pray that they find the desire to have it in their lives even more. David was also so good to stay and talk to everyone who wanted to. He signed autographs, took pictures, and just gave words of encouragement for almost an hour and a half. It was so awesome to see his willingness to share. Anyhow, Enjoy! Richard

Here is the video. ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Tasha Challis said...

Im shocked you havent said anything about the David A concert!!! The tickets went on sale today. Its at the e center. Did you know about it???

Traci said...

Oh no! Thanks for that video- now I am sitting here crying! I have to stop before Spencer comes home, or he'll tease me! Brett Hales lives next door to Spencer's parents, and Spencer worked at Cyprus CU with him for years- I've known him for as long as i've known Spencer, he is a great guy! Also- How long have I been gone!? Not even a year, and I don't even recognize Nick- he's a teenager!

Camille said...

I sent this to everyone I know....

I loveeeeee it. ANd him. And I can't wait to go to the concert!