Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hangin with the cool kids...

I got a part time job, and THIS time, it WILL BE part time. I'm excited because I have worked there before! So MOST of the information, is already in my head somewhere! :) Today, was my first day. I was very nervous about it. They have a whole new computer system, but it is much easier than before. But the rest is like riding a bike! When someone asked me where the bathroom was, without skipping a beat, I gave them the exact answer I gave for that question 8 years ago! It was kind of freaky! Just popped out of my brain! I can not believe it's been 8 years. Neither can the people who still work there! HA!

For anonymity sake, I'll just say it's a theater that does live musical comedy melodramas. Some of you will know, where. ;) and if you MUST know, email me, I'll tell ya! It such a fun atmosphere, and the people who work there...well let's just say, they are crazy drama queens like me! Mostley... :)

It's only a couple weeknights, and Saturdays either days, or late nights! :) It's just a great fit for me! And I get two tickets to every show. The kids are excited about that. I'll have to buy Parker and Em's ticket, but they are only eight bucks. I did get an idea, we'll see if I can make it happen. I was thinking, the kids could earn "tickets" for doing good things, or just the expected *rolling eyes*, and the person with the most tickets at the time of the show, gets to go. Then HOPEFULLY, they would be tied, and we would all go. And before you say it, DH doesn't like to go, and Jack is too little! :) I don't know, we'll see how it goes. Gotta work out the "kinks".

Today, it was so nice to be around people who don't know my kids. I hope that doesn't sound weird. I just mean, my life revolves around them so much. Even stuff I do, with and for adults, revolves around them...lately, Jack. Don't get me wrong, I love the work I do, and I love my kids. It's just nice to be just Me! Ya know? BUT...it's also fun, to see friends, going to the show. FUN FUN FUN!

Well, it's been a LONG day, I'm SO ready for a LONG GREAT DEEP sleep. Wish me luck! ...Sleeping, AND with my new job!! :) Oh, and if you're sending sleeping vibes, send them to Jack...PLEASE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know where you're working, fun! Is it just the same? We haven't been down there for like 5 years or so. I think my parents have season passes so maybe you'll see them. I haven't been on your blog for a l..o..n..g.. time so wow, there's a lot to read!