Sunday, June 15, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

I stole this from my new friend's blog. I started out to do it with just Emma, but the boys wanted to do it too...so in order of how they were asked the questions:

1. What is something mom always says to you?

E: "HI!, and I love you!"
P: "Get your hair out of your eyes!?"And "That's ok, try harder next time!"
N: "Get your hair out of your eyes!?"

2. What makes mom happy?

E: "When I do good things for her."
P: "When I actually do what you told me to!"
N: "When I wake up on time!"

3. What makes mom sad?

E: "When you ask me something, and I don't do it."
P: "When you ask me something, and I don't do it."
N: "I don't know"

4. How does mom make you laugh?

E: "When you tell me jokes."
P: "You make jokes about us!"
N: "Being your normal self?"

5. What was mom like as a child?

E: "You could walk on the side of the road, and ride your bike!"
P: "ummmmmmmm... I think you were kind of goofy. Cuz well... you're kind of goofy now!"
N: "I don't know, I wasn't alive then!"

6. How old is your mom?

E: "24."
P: "39? 40!"
N: "40."

7. How tall is your mom?

E: "18 foot long"
P: "Stand up... um... 5'6"?"
N: "I'm guessing like 5'8"? 5'3"? 5'5"!!"

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

E: "Watch TV with me."
P: "Your favorite thing to do it to play with Jack and laugh at what he does funny."
N: "Watch 'The View'!" Mom's rebuttal: "I usually watch this late at night, before I go to bed, when nothing else is on. And he won't go to bed!"

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

E: "I don't know, what DO you do?" Oh I know, you get on the computer"
P: "I don't think that's appropriate."
N: "Sleep! Oohhh...have a party!

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

E: "Being a star on stage." Mom: "Doing what?" E: "SINGING!!"
P: "Singing!"
N: "Comedian."

11. What is your mom really good at?

E: "Singing."
P: "*big sigh*...You're really good with kids, well little kids. Wait...Being a MOM...ya , being a Mom!!"
N: "Singing."

12. What is your mom not very good at?

E: "I DON'T KNOW!"
P: "*laughing* Keeping our friends with the same names straight"
N: "I don't know"

13. What does your mom do for her job?

E: "You WORK! You talk!"
P: "She sells tickets, and tries to be funny."
N: "She sells tickets, and tries to be funny. Underline TRIES, that way it will be a little different.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

E: "Fruit, Veggies, salad"
P: "Salad, um...some kind of beans, is it Green Beans??
N: "Beef Stew, cuz I see you eating it all the time."

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

E: "That you writen hearts on my cup! And you take pictures of me and Jack!!"
P: "That you have a job that you like!"
N: "That she's my mom."

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

E: "A Goblin? Oh wait, Belle!!" Mom's rebuttal: *rolling eyes*
P: "Uh...GOOFEY!!
N: "A smurf, those little blue Gnomes from the 80's Mom's rebuttal: "Like I didn't know"

17. What do you and your mom do together?

E: "Watch Tv"
P: "Watch Tv"
N: "Watch Tv"

Mom's rebuttal: "Guess we need to get out more. But in my defense we try to watch shows that are either 'informational'- Dirty Jobs, and Mythbusters, Or where we cheer for someone-American Idol, or American Gladiators, Or Shows that make us laugh- America's Funny Videos "

18. How are you and your mom the same?

E: "Because we have the same hair cut."
P: "We both have big brothers!."
N: "There's a lot of things. We always wanna try new things? Talent wise!"

19. How are you and your mom different?

E: "My eyes are blueish greenish, and yours are brown!"
P: "In your case, you have short hair, in my case I have long!!"
N: "There are SO many things"

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

E: "Because she gives me hugs and kisses"
P: "When I'm leaving, you make sure I have my cell phone, so I don't get in trouble!"
N: "Cuz you protect me from things you don't want me to do, like drugs, alcohol, and other bad things"

4 comments:

Camille said...

that is SOOOO precious. I'm totally doing it tomorrow with my kiddies.

And, I think you should take a video of yourself singing. Me likey.

Bugg's mama said...

Fun ~ what a great post! Your kids so love you! And hello, where have I been? How come I didn't know about your fun "Idol" blog!???!!!! You are very cool!

Lisa Christine said...

Yay!!! I am so glad that you did this with your children! Isn't it great to hear their answers? When I was asking them to my 3 year old, the 5 year old was absolutley dying to jump in and answer along with her.

My favorite answer was the one where one of them was proud of you for writing hearts on their cup. How sweet. I have to take my baby a few hours away today to the doctor and my older two are staying at their cousins house for the day. I just finished packing their lunches....complete with a heart on the outside of the brown bag.....it must be a mother thing.
Have a great day :)

Fowler family said...

this is a great idea! And how fun to do it with all 3. I love how their answers are for the most part entirely different.