Saturday, January 9, 2010

My thoughts exactly!

There are days when I wonder if anyone else knows how I feel. And then something like this goes mainstream.



The part where her hands are shaking on the sink, makes me cry everytime I see it, or even think about it for that matter. It's a daily struggle, the balance of helping them, being their mom, and letting them learn it on their own. It's an emotional rollercoaster, being a Mom. Being a Mom of kids who are differently abled... Is like NEVER getting off said rollarcoaster!

8 comments:

Joy Howse said...

I was bawling by that part of the show!! Balance is a hard thing to find.

Meg said...

It was a good show. I love DH. Honestly, I don't understand or relate how Lynnette feels. Maybe I need to be a mom to understand and probably a child with disabilities. I'm sure it was even more moving those parents who could relate.

Erika said...

This made me cry. Especially the part where she is stretching his legs as a baby. What a touching video. Thank you for sharing. It makes me grateful. And makes me want to go hug my sleeping kids! :)

Megatron said...

This was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

snakeriverwalton said...

I hadn't seen this. what show is it from? thanks for posting it.

Cindy Price said...

Hi Jenny, I have missed your blog posts! How is Jack doing?

Is this video from a movie?? One of the hardest things I find in being a Mom of a differently able child is knowing when it is something they really can't do or something they do need help with. Evan has outlived all expectations. The difficulty now is trying to plan what life will be for him when he outlives us, something we never thought possible when he was two or three years old.

Big hugs to you! You are a wonderful mom!!

Our Fondaco Family said...

Thank you for sharing this Jenny!

Motherofmany said...

wow..what is this show? i have said all this stuff before!!!