Sunday, July 6, 2008

Those were the Days...

So I was looking around youtube and came across this.

I loved it in 1985, but watching it today, I can't help but wonder if the music world as it is today, would come together for something like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening. Watch it, and appreciate what it must have taken to get all those amasing talents, in one room. And it is such a range of artists... I mean seriously... Kenny Rodgers, Diana Ross, Bob Dillan, Huey Lewis, Steve Perry. Never gonna happen with Fall Out Boy, Josh Groban, Jonas Brothers, Bloodhound Gang, or Metallica. (I asked my kids for some examples) *grin*.

So cool!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Metallica would too be there!

Anonymous said...

Here's somthing else I found with a minimal of searching. So, like I said in my other comment, never fear, musicians of all genres are still banding together to save the world!

Usher, Green Day, Ludacris and Alicia Keys are among the artists who have signed on for a Hurricane Katrina relief concert in September of 2005 that will span four cities, three television networks and several musical genres. Dave Matthews Band, Rob Thomas, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington, David Banner, Gretchen Wilson and John Mellencamp will also take part in the shows, which will be staged in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Nashville on September 10 and will air live on MTV, VH1 and CMT. Additional artists will be added to the lineup soon, and proceeds from the show will go to the American Red Cross.

Matilda said...

You guys are funny!

I guess I was thinking on one song! Sure they did CONCERTS...but they all sang by themselves...ya know what I mean??

Anyway, I figured this might create conversation!!

:)