Tuesday, August 17, 2010

To those we may forget:

I have known 5 people in the last 2 months, who have passed away. I'm sorry, but that is too many. The first two, have been ill for many years, so there is no shock, only relief. The last three... Were WAY TOO YOUNG... and it's just not fair.

But I write this post to honor those friends in these peoples lives, who may not receive all the condolences the family gets. These are the people who selflessly give their time, and emotional energy to the grieving families, and act as anchor in the sea of sadness. Being an anchor, the stable force in the situation, makes it hard to mourn yourself. They are the ones asking for prayers for the family. The ones that continually worries about everyone but themselves. The one that is often overlooked as needing prayers too.

I want to say thank you to Jann, Joey and Suzi. Thank you for doing what I couldn't do. Thank you for being there, when I couldn't. Thank you for taking time and emotional energy away from your own families, when someone else needed you. I know you will be blessed beyond measure, and the souls who have gone to heaven are putting in a good word for you!!

To Jane, Kennadee and Shawn: You fought a good fight. Now you can rest and watch over us. May you Rest in Peace and play hard in Heaven!! :)

1 comment:

Suzi said...

That is beautiful! Thanks Jenny. You said it just they way I needed to hear it. I love you!
Suzi